Stone Countertops and Wall Surfaces:
- Clean surface daily
- Gently remove any loose debris from the surface.
- Spray Neutral Cleaner on to the surface and allow it to dry for a few minutes.
- Wipe dry and buff to a shine with a dry cloth
Precautions, Care and Cleaning
- Do not leave food or oil/grease on countertops
- Use coasters under all glasses, particularly those containing alcohol or citrus juices. Many common foods and drinks contain acids that will etch or dull the surface of some stones. Do not place hot items directly on the stone surface, as they will not damage the stone, but will cause the factory applied sealer to lose some effectiveness.
- Use trivets or mats under hot dishes and placemats under china, ceramics, silver or other objects that can scratch the surface.
- In the bath or other wet areas, soap scum can be minimized by using a squeegee after each use. To remove soap scum, use a non acidic soap scum remover or a solution of ammonia and water (about ½ cup ammonia to a gallon of water). Frequent or over-use of an ammonia solution may eventually dull the surface of the stone.
- Consider having your stone resealed if it appears to darken after cleaning or is absorbing water.